Tuesday, December 9, 2008

how love messes with the mind...

It’s me laying here at night
Wanting to hold you tight
Needing to tell you what’s on my mind
Wishing you’d understand
Everything works even better with the touch of your hand
A thousand things cross my mind
All at exactly the same time
I wish you knew
How this time, my feelings grew and grew
Things now are so different
That way you make me feel
I may have made you a better man
But you’ve made me all that I possibly can
And for that I’ll be forever grateful
Grateful for the way you make me feel
The way you loved me, that way no one ever has
We may argue
Everyone does
Sometimes I feel that’s what makes us stronger
Almost falling apart, and picking up the pieces again and again
And yet I’m still trying
For the first time
I feel like I’m working for it
Striving to keep everything together
No pity, pure admiration not you falling at my feet
That’s not what I need
Maybe all along
This is what I needed
Someone to love me for me
To be there, hold me, protect me
Give me what I need
The sense of direction
Directing me towards greater things
And once again discovering life
Just as it is
Loving me, and not wanting to lose me
I’ve gained that, the confidence I needed
To be sure and handle things as they come
And know that you’re never letting go

No comments: